The Staten Island Hunger Task Force is a coalition of many Island-based food pantries, soup kitchens, temples, churches, and other organizations that concern themselves primarily with making sure that Staten Islanders get enough food.
If you work in a pantry or soup kitchen, help with community meals, or are interested in food issues and advocacy, you're welcome to join us--just come to our meetings or click here to join our mailing list.
To contact the task force, email us at HungerOnStatenIsland -at- gmail.com.
Our mailing address is Chair, SI Hunger Task Force, c/o Project Hospitality, 100 Park Ave., Staten Island, NY 10302.
Chair: Rev. Terry Troia, Project Hospitality 100 Park Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10302
Vice chair: Christopher Dowling, Director of Community Engagement, A Chance in Life, 1100 Castleton Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10310
Recent past chairs:
- Zulma Cruz, Project Hospitality
- Laura Del Prete, CHASI
- Tami DiCostanzo, RSVP
- Susan Fowler, Christ Church Feeding Ministry
- Daniel Kennedy, Project Hospitality
- Rev. Gloria Lavine, The Reformed Church of Princes Bay
- Jack Martz, Feeding with Trinity Lutheran Church
- Beverly Neuhaus, Richmond Senior Center