12th Annual Legislative Forum, 2/21/2023
Our speakers were
- Susan Zimet, Director of Food and Anti-Hunger Policy for the State of New York.
- Kate Mackenzie, Executive Director of the NYC Mayor's Office of Food Policy
- Liz Accles, Executive Director, Community Food Advocates
- Nick Buess, Food Bank for New York City
- Keith Carr, City Harvest
11th Annual Legislative Forum, 2/24/2022
Our two speakers were:
- Susan Zimet, Food and Anti-Hunger Policy Coordinator for the State of New York. Click here for Susan's talk on NY state food initiatives and the governor's proposed budget.
- Joan Byrnes, Director of Community Affairs, NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY). Click here for Joan's talk on the Department of Sanitation's work with food during COVID and how they're managing and distributing donations now.
The Hunger Task Force acknowledges the remarkable work these people and organizations have done to make food available to our communities:
- Mount Sinai Mobile Pantry, Rashalee Smith-Thomas
- Community Health Action of Staten Island Mobile Pantry, Derrick Felder and Clara Zaza
- Project Hospitality Mobile Pantry, Alex Hughes
- Bait-ul Jamaat House of Community, Imam Zulqarnain Abdu Shahid
- Brothers Who Care, Frank Sullivan
- MASK, Tanisha Franks
- Urban Fairies, Alycia Campbell
- Staten Island Giving Circle, Michele Yacovello and Evelyn Kormanik
- K-Woods Foundation, Tal Jasmin and Kareem Woods
Anita Fein Memorial Volunteer Award: Aur Torah Pantry, Iva Rueven
P-EBT: Answers to Questions Your Clients May Have
The P-EBT information meeting was held on Monday, July 26, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Watch the video here.
All children in public schools and some in private and charter schools will receive P-EBT (Pandemic EBT, or food stamps) starting in July.
Candidate Forum, 6/7/2021
Find out what the candidates learned from us and what we learned about them.
Legislative Forum, 2/18/21
Food insecurity on Staten Island during COVID pandemic and legislative changes that could make a difference. Speakers: Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis, Nicholas Buess (Food Bank for New York City), Jerome Nathaniel (City Harvest), Emilio Tavarez (Hunger Free America).